ShoutEm’s iPhone app has been approved by Apple and is now available in the App Store!
The ShoutEm iPhone app is actually two apps in one: it’s a fully functional Twitter client, but in addition to Twitter, you can also use it to read and write posts to any of the networks on ShoutEm, as well as StatusNet, the open source microblogging service.
For example, let’s say that you’ve created a network on ShoutEm for your coworkers, but you also have two accounts on Twitter. With the ShoutEm iPhone application, you can easily read the posts and write new ones for all three networks, all from one place.
Here are the most important features of the ShoutEm iPhone application:
- handle multiple accounts on your favorite microblogging networks: ShoutEm, Twitter or StatusNet (Laconi.ca)
- browse through your friend’s statuses, public statuses or mentions
- update your status (with photo or location attached)
- explore user profiles, their followers or statuses/tweets
- follow or stop following users
- explore received or sent private messages; write direct messages to users
- track conversations in our threaded view (ShoutEm specific)
- status search